Innovation Crossroads is an Oak Ridge National Laboratory program that matches aspiring energy entrepreneurs with experts and mentors in technology-related fields to take their world-changing ideas from R&D to the marketplace. The program is now welcoming applications for Cohort Four and encouraging interested individuals to sign up for informational webinars.
Seven entrepreneurs will be chosen for this cohort, where sponsors include DOE’s Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO) and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Specific topics of interest identified by DOE’s AMO and TVA include technologies in Energy and Advanced Manufacturing and Shared Integrated Grid, respectively.
Applicants whose technology doesn’t fall under the aforementioned categories are still encouraged to apply. To learn more about the program’s benefits, application process and more, sign up for an informational webinar at one of the following times:
- Friday, September 20th at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, October 9th at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Thursday, October 24th at 2:30 p.m. ET
Selected participants will receive a two-year fellowship, lab access and research funding, and business mentors, entrepreneurial training, and networking opportunities. For interested applicants, here are some key dates and times to keep in mind:
- Applications open: September 17, 2019 at 8:00 am ET
- Applications close: October 31, 2019 at 5:00 pm ET
- Initial application review: November 2019: Applications are reviewed by the Innovation Crossroads team, as well as scientific and industry subject matter experts
- Phone interviews: December 2019: Based on initial review, selected applicants will be invited to conduct a brief phone screen with the Innovation Crossroads team.
- In-person interviews: January/February 2020: Interviewees will be invited to visit ORNL to tour facilities, connect with potential collaborators, principal investigators and mentors, and present for our team of reviewers.
- Cohort four selected: March 2020
- Cohort four starts at Innovation Crossroads: May 2020