TVA published the 2019 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) Scoping Report on Aug. 1, 2018. The report includes public comments related to TVA’s work on the IRP and the related Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
The IRP is a long-term plan that provides direction on how TVA can best meet future electricity demand over the next 20 years – while the EIS assesses the natural, cultural and socioeconomic impacts associated with IRP implementation.
During a 60-day scoping period that ran from Feb. 14 to Apr. 16, 2018, members of the public provided input online, by mail and at public scoping meetings around issues that are important to them. The scoping report captures these comments, which will help lay the foundation for development of the IRP and EIS.
The scoping report also includes:
- Information on the resource planning and environmental review process
- Information on final strategies and scenarios under consideration in the IRP
- A summary of IRP and EIS topics
- A look at how the IRP and EIS are being developed
- Public outreach efforts and materials
For more information on the 2019 IRP, visit tva.com/irp