TVA responded to stakeholder input and market demand for more advanced energy options when it announced the Flexibility Proposal earlier this year. The Flexibility Proposal gives local power companies the opportunity to self-generate or procure distributed generation. Technologies and solutions seem limitless and ever changing as utilities try to navigate how to become energy companies of the future. So how do local power companies start exploring options that are best for them, their customers, and their specific demands?
The Tennessee Advanced Energy Business Council and Seven States are co-hosting an “Advanced Energy 101” webinar series for local power companies to learn more about distributed generation options, advanced energy and finance models.
- Isaac Panzarella, Director of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Southeast Combined Heat and Power Technical Assistance Partnership (CHP TAP), located at North Carolina State University
- Emily Robertson, Business Development Team Manager, 2G Energy
- Ben Edgar, CEO, White Harvest Energy
The second webinar in our series is “Energy Storage and Demand Response.” It will take place Wednesday, October 28 from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. EDT. Register here. Panelists include:
- Bradley Greene, Energy Storage Manager, Signal Energy
- Clint Wilson, VP, Engineering & Energy Innovations, Seven States
- Simon Sandler, Project Engineer, North Carolina Clean Energy Technology Center at North Carolina State University
The third webinar in our series is “Traditional and Innovative Financing Models for Distributed Generation.” It will take place Wednesday, November 4 from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. EDT. Register here. Panelists include:
- Steve Seifried, Tennessee Account Executive, Ameresco
- Christian Dick, Sr. Project Developer, Large Scale Distributed Energy Resources, Ameresco
- Virginia A. Williams, Senior Vice President, Project Finance, Silicon Ranch Corporation
Webinars will be presented via Zoom in an interactive format and include ample time for audience Q&A.
Visit the TAEBC calendar to learn more about upcoming Advanced Energy 101 for LPCs events.